HIGHER Ground Women's Leadership Development Program
The HIGHER Ground Women’s Leadership Development Program is a five-month leadership development experience for current and emerging women leaders who are committed to investing in themselves and their organizations. The program is designed to benefit women at all career levels in public, private, nonprofit, and entrepreneurial positions. Training opportunities promote personal and professional growth through leadership development, education, coaching, and networking. By engaging in intellectual and experiential workshops, participants learn key principles aimed at enhancing their leadership styles to help them successfully leverage opportunities for advancement.
This highly rated program received initial funding support from the Jessie Ball DuPont Fund.
The HIGHER Ground Women's Leadership Development Program content includes lectures, workshops, and experiential learning designed to:
- Develop the skills and methods women employ for engaging in and understanding leadership through practice-in-action and reflective inquiry
- Broaden the capacity of women to model and emulate leadership behaviors and practices designed to strengthen collaboration and transformation
- Strengthen the performance capacities of women as agents of change to help them confidently achieve meaningful, action-oriented results
The HIGHER Ground Women's Leadership Development Program features several key components, including:
- Leadership assessments
- Building teams: collaboration, coordination, and cooperation
- Authentic leadership
- Gender, voice, authority, and power
- Communicating across cultures
- Managing chaos and conflict
- Courage and confidence in leading
- Reflective practice and inquiry